Spinach + Beet Salad
Getting plenty of dark leafy greens, such as spinach, along with cleansing & liver-loving beets can be the perfect combination to help support detoxification. The antioxidant-rich, colorful vegetables also help support hormone balance and improved digestion.
Beets are a powerful liver detoxifier and also anti-cancer vegetable that provides phytonutrients, vitamins, minerals and powerful antioxidants, like glutathione and Vitamins A & C, that support immune. It also promotes healthy digestion given fiber.
Prep Time10 Minutes
- 2 c spinach (or other dark leafy green)
- 1/2 grated beet
- 2 tbsp raw sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 juiced lemon and its zest
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Dash of sea salt and pepper
- Place spinach onto 2 plates and grate the beets over each plate as evenly as possible
- Zest the lemon over each plate and then cut the lemon and squeeze the juice over each plate.
- Drizzle the EVOO over each plate, add the sesame seeds, sea salt + pepper and garnish with nutritional yeast.
- Add 1 tbsp of flax seeds for anti-cancer benefits or pumpkin seeds for additional minerals, B-vitamins and protein!
- Make it a meal by adding 2-3 oz of high-quality, grass-fed, organic or wild-caught protein choices to change the flavor profile! lamb, beef, chicken or even fish to provide healthy, absorbable iron and other b-vitamins, omega 3s.