Starting your morning off with a hearty breakfast filled with fiber, healthy fats and proteins will support steady blood sugar and sustained energy. And…. here’s a fun fact – we need 30-55 grams of fiber a day for optimal digestive health.
Prep Time5 Minutes
Cook Time5 Minutes
- 1/2 cup organic, gluten-free oatmeal (do not use instant oats)
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup strawberries (or berry of your choice)
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds (or walnuts)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1-2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp coconut flakes (optional)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Cook 1/2 cup of old-fashioned oatmeal with 1 cup of water & bring to boil.
- Reduce temperature and cook on the stove-top for 3-5 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of almond milk (or more if desired)
- Add 1-2 tbsp chia seeds
- Top with cinnamon, strawberries, and pumpkin seeds
- Place oatmeal + almond milk into a mason jar, add 1-2 tbsp of chia seeds, cinnamon, and mix well
- Place into refrigerator overnight for a grab-n-go option in the morning
- Just add fruit + nuts + coconut flakes!