Creamy Green Beans
Eating plenty of antioxidant-rich vegetables, such as green beans, provides anti-inflammatory and breast cancer fighting phytonutrients. Green beans also provides Vitamin C, plenty of fiber and magnesium, potassium, among others! This is a quick & easy side dish to support your healthy eating efforts that’s ready within minutes. And..it’s kid approved!
Prep Time10 Minutes
Cook Time15-20 Minutes
- 12-16 oz green beans (prefer not to use canned, but fresh and trimmed ends)
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 c chopped onions
- 1 tsp avocado oil
- 1 tbsp grass-fed butter
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- Coarse sea salt to taste (or kelp salt)
- Oregano to taste
- Dash of black pepper (optional)
(Tips: choose organic for more nutrition due to mineral rich soil and to limit chemical exposure on your food).
- Place green beans into boiling water for 5-7 minutes.
- While the beans are boiling, sauté the garlic and onions in a pan with 1 tsp of avocado oil
- Once the beans are a bit tender (to your liking), strain them and add them to the sauté pan
- Add 1 tbsp of butter + 1 tbsp (or a bit more if you like) of dijon mustard and cook the beans for another 2-3 minutes to ensure coating of the butter and mustard.
- Then add sea salt, oregano to your liking and plate!
- Add dash of black pepper (optional)